Arise & Shine

Arise & Shine

Monday, January 28, 2013

Christmas Joys

Well...a few more months have gone by and our little boy is changing ever so quickly right before our eyes! Jaxon is now almost 10 months old and it is crazy for me to think that in a couple more months he will have his first birthday!! Crazy how time flies! We had the opportunity to go to Canada for Christmas and spent some good quality time with my sweet family! It was the first time in quite a while that my mom had all of her children home! I'm sure it will just get harder as the years go on, but it was definitely fun to be with everyone! Jaxon was of course the center of attention haha bringing many laughs, smiles, snuggles, hugs and kisses.
 
Jaxon has been growing and changing so quickly. He now weighs about 21 lbs and is 28 inches tall. He loves to eat peas, they are probably his favorite food as of now. He also loves snowmen, dogs, and anything with big eyes. His favorite book to read is a Veggie Tale Book called "God Made You Special". It is very cute and I have it memorized from reading it so many times haha. Jaxon has been learning how to wave and is figuring it out. He also points at everything he wants and makes this growling sound. He has been walking for about a month and a half now and is a speedy little climber when it comes to the stairs, however he hasn't yet mastered how to get down the stairs. That will come soon though I'm sure. Jaxon also has his own little potty that he goes on! He impresses me every day, I love that we don't have to worry about poopy diapers, for the most part. Doing this infant potty training has been very successful and rewarding! There have of course been times when accidents happen (like the time Jaxon pooped in the tub and decided to see what it tasted like, eww!) but I really have enjoyed teaching him and he seems to be happier as a result of being in control of his bowels :). He is not the first of all babies to eat his own poop. I read many stories off the internet of mothers who woke up to poop mirals on the wall because their baby had a blow out and was eating the poop and smearing it on the walls haha. I'm just glad Jaxon is okay, and I guess we can all have a laugh about it now.

 
 
 
 
Anyways, Jaxon keeps us busy and we are learning alot from him.  He brings us such great joy! The other day Jaxon was helping daddy push the grocery cart through Fred Meyer and everybody that walked by was just in awe that he could even walk, let a lot help his daddy push the cart.  He is just such a small boy, but ppl underestimate him.  He is so strong and smart! We love him! I can tell he is going to be a hard worker like his dad because when he sets his mind to a task, he is DETERMINED! Well, the next time you hear from me will probably be when we are celebrating Jaxon's 1st birthday which we are very much looking forward to.  My family is making a trip down to celebrate it with us! Can't wait :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment