Arise & Shine

Arise & Shine

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

T.R.U.S.T.

So I have been pondering about the past 6 or so months of my family's life and have tried to recognize the blessings and the hand of the Lord in our lives.  The word that I think sums up what we have been through lately is...TRUST.  My husband and I have had to really trust in the Lord to guide us and watch over us.  We trusted each other and trusted that the decisions we were making would be the best for our family, knowing that they would determine what the future holds.  So...I would like to break down the word TRUST for you into a few of the things that I have learned recently in my life:

T-time - enjoy the little things and the special moments/milestones (especially with Jaxon!). Also, time is ongoing and we must make the most of our time...I have learned that you can do a lot of things in a little amount of time. For example, I graduated, had a baby, moved, travelled to visit family, ran a half marathon, etc..all in about 2 months time!! We must trust that the Lord is aware of our circumstances and realize that in the big picture, our life on earth is a very miniscule amount of time, yet it is a very critical time period!

R-relationships - what you do with your time is worth a lot - it shapes and develops the type of relationships you gain with people.  Relationships are what we will take with us after we die.  Relationships are strengthened when we trust one another.

U-unity - trusting others brings you closer together and unites you.  I know that my husband and I have felt united as we have grown closer together as new parents.

S-smiles - we need to make sure we enjoy the journey....Jaxon is now 6 1/2 months old and is smilier than ever!! He brings so much love and happiness into our lives! He makes us smile everyday!

T-teamwork - learn to work with people..it will benefit your life significantly in every aspect of your life! I am grateful to be on the Lord's team and hope that I can be a good example to my children so that they can stay close to the Gospel!

Why TRUST? Because I believe we need to learn to trust in the Savior! Trust that if we put our life in his hands, and strive to do his will, he will take care of us.  He will help us reach our potential. My little family has recognized the hand of the Lord in our lives as we have accomplished many things in such a short amount of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment