Getting Settled In

Ok, so we have a few funny stories about when we first moved into our home. We had obviously just came from our honeymoon and so we had a large amount of laundry to do. I was very excited to finally wash some of our clothes, so once we were pretty much moved in, I threw some clothes in the washer (our home was supposed to come with a working washer and dryer)....Bj and I were in the other room, when we decided to check on the clothes, and lo and behold our kitchen was flooded (our laundry room is right next to our kitchen). I ran to get all the towels we owned in the house and we started soaking up the water! Once we finally got the kitchen dry, we threw our wet clothes into the drier, hoping that it worked haha. But NO it didn't! Hmm, we were pretty bummed because we were told that we would have both a working washer and drier. We were lucky because Bj had brought an extra drier that we were able to install, but we had to go out and buy a washer. It was quite the welcome into our new home. But here is another story that blew me away when it happened. So....it was Bj's birthday and so I bought him a gift that included a few things, one of them being a one pound bag of chocolate hershey kisses. We opened that bag that night and ate a few each, and then Bj left the bag on the floor of our living room. The next morning Bj was working on some homework at about 5 or 5:30 in the morning and heard a rustling sound in the closet of our guest bedroom. Hmm, he was curious, so he moved what he needed to to get to the closet, and guess what he found.........a hershey kiss that had been unwrapped, and was bite in half, about to go down the hole by the water heater. Bj couldn't believe his eyes, especially when he ran out to the living room and found his bag of hershey kisses absolutely EMPTY!!! We had a mice problem. Not one hershey kiss was left in the bag, and there wasn't even any traces of the hershey kiss wrapers on the floor. It was unbelievable! I could just picture an army of mice marching across our floor carrying the hershey kisses....AHH, EWW!! The crazy thing was that the mice had to actually bite the hershey kisses down until they were small enough to fit through the hole. They were fast at it too, because Bj had only slept for about 5 or 6 hours before he noticed it! I'm just glad I didn't fall asleep on the couch and wake up to an army of mice marching on my floor hahaha. Well, we knew we had to do something about this problem, so we foam filled all the holes in our house that we could find under the sinks and stuff and also put mice traps all around. We also got some bate to throw under the house that kills the mice when they eat it! So I have no worries anymore. We are mice free, and thank goodness!
No comments:
Post a Comment