Also, Bj played on the Club Rugby Team that was put together by a bunch of BYU-Idaho students. It was really fun to go watch him play and their team has really improved over the years (considering the majority of the players didn't know a thing about rugby when they first started). Bj played the position that he grew up playing, which is the scrum half. He was a great team leader and helped a lot of the players learn the game. The picture above makes me laugh because the guy behind Bj is giving him the weirdest look. Bj was a little frustrated with the refs I think ha.
There was a lot of fun times that Fall Semester, and one thing that I almost failed to mention is that Bj, his dad, and his buddy Jared Gifford went hunting during our Thanksgiving Break and they caught 2 elk!!! Wow, it was a great success and they actually gutted the elk, pulled them home with a snowmobile, and then hung them from a rope and cut the meat off of them. Bj and I then had the "priviledge" haha of cutting the meat off the bones and packaging it and sealing it so it was ready for the freezer. It was quite the experience...I have a few pictures to show that we really did do this. I have actually loved having the meat handy for casseroles and different meals, and the thing I love the most is that it is not fatty meat...it is pretty much organic. We had to by a 7 ft chest freezer just to fit the meat in it....I hope they catch some more elk this year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment