Engagement!

Bj and I had talked about marriage and had actually gone to look at rings, and I was confident that he was the one I was to marry!We had known each other for about 2 years, and had been dating exclusively for about 4 or 5 months. It was the most exciting time of my life because Bj made me that happiest girl. He always made me laugh and we had quite a few things in common. We enjoyed doing the same things and our outlooks and opinions seemed to always match up. I felt so comfortable with him, and we always had so much fun! Bj and I got lucky because we were able to see each other about every 2 weeks. I would either fly or drive to Washington to visit, or he would fly or drive to Rexburg to visit. I thought for sure that Bj was going to ask me to marry him when I was going to be in Washington in a couple of weeks. However, Bj had a different plan in mind....He already had the ring and so him and his father drove down to do a favor for a neighbor. They only stayed for about a day and a half, but the night they arrived in Rexburg, Bj and I went on a hike up Kelly Canyon to watch the sunset. When we got to the top I remember Bj was giving me a piggy-back ride, and we were just standing enjoying the sun set. I then asked him what he was thinking about. He turned around, set me down on the ground, and knelt down on one knee....(he claims that at first I thought he was tying his shoe, but I think it just took a second for it to sink in what he was doing). Then, he asked the question if I would make him the happiest man and marry him and become his wife!! AHH, I was so surprised - call me stupid - but he caught me so off guard! I was determined that he wasn't going to ask me until I was in Washington. But, I started to cry and then said YES! What an amazing night it was, it took a while for it to soak in, but now that I look back I can't believe that I didn't know he was going to ask me haha. I am glad he surprised me though. The night he asked me was May 14th, 2010. Well, after that it was pretty difficult to focus on school that semester because all I wanted to do was be with him and help out with the wedding plans. My mom and I emailed pictures and ideas back and forth, and everything turned out. I don't recall ever being stressed out about the decorations or anything, I was just really layed back and let people help out. My mom did a lot for me and I am grateful for her willingness to take over the materialistic part of it, so that I could focus on preparing myself for the Temple!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment